Discovery Days at Sundance are an extremely important part of our application process. Prospective Lower School students are given the opportunity to spend a morning (9:00 AM- 11:30 AM) with the teacher and class best suited for him/her. Prospective Kindergarten - 4th grade students are invited to attend a full day of school (8:30 AM - 3:00 PM). Additionally, your child will meet our Anchor and Specialty teachers. Our teaching team will observe your child during both structured and unstructured time, making the observations and assessments necessary to ensure proper placement upon enrollment. Please arrive by 8:30 AM on your Discovery Day and report to the school office with your child to check-in. You will be greeted by your child's teacher and then proceed to the classroom for drop-off. Please report back to the office a few minutes before pick-up time to meet with our Head of School, Janet McNally, hear about the details of your child's visit, and discuss the enrollment process. You will then be escorted to the classroom in time for dismissal.
Discovery Day tips:
- Share with your child the name of the teacher he/she will be visiting beforehand.
- Assure your child that Sundance is a fun and happy place filled with lots of love!
- Be sure to let us know if your child has a nickname, dietary restrictions, or food allergies.
- Prospective K - 4 students should bring a lunch, refillable water bottle, and a snack.
- Please dress your child in clothing appropriate for gym and movement classes.
We look forward to meeting with you as you and your child discover Sundance!